Friday, August 31, 2012

Prawn and mushroom risotto



For my first attempt at making risotto, I must say that it tastes almost as good as "kiam peng". The husband will beg to differ although this earned a "very tasty" from him, he still says that he prefers its asian friend. Nevertheless, this took like half the time to make, once again thanks to my magic pot.

Ingredients:
10 large banana prawns, deveined and shelled
Marinate for prawns:
2 tspn corn flour
1 tspn cracked pepper and soya sauce
a dash of fish sauce, salt, sugar and dried chilli flakes (for a spicy kick)

for rice:
1 brown onion, sliced
4 medium size mushroom, sliced
1 clove garlic
300g arborio rice
200ml white wine
600ml chicken stock
200g grated cheese

Directions:
Marinate the prawns and fry with garlic until pink. Leave aside.

In my "magic pot", I put the onions on brown function together with a combination of butter and olive oil. As the onions begin to brown, I put in the garlic. Add the rice and white wine and chicken stock, then the mushroom. I then put it on pressure cook function for 7 minutes and then stir in the grated cheese. I also added in some herbs and freshly cracked black pepper and its ready to serve. So easy and yet yummy at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment