Saturday, July 21, 2012

Baked eggs with roasted chicken



Decided to make a trip to safeway after visiting friends last night and got a half priced roasted chicken. While lazing in bed this morning, I thought of having baked eggs but realized I didn't have chorizos nor spinach. However, I did have some choy sum( please refer http://blogs.smh.com.au/lifestyle/chewonthis/archives/2008/03/post_6.html if you don't know what it is) and roasted chicken.

Then I started googling, "baked eggs with roasted chicken recipe" but there were none! So I decided to make it up. First, I partially cooked a handful of leaves of choy sum in the microwave after washing them then I drizzled them with a little of my garlic infused olive oil and also scooped up some garlic bits just so that they would give more flavour. Next, I peeled some chicken and laid them on the vegetable as and crumbled some of the filling from the chicken among the shreds of chicken as well. The filling seems to consist of breadcrumbs soaked in chicken oil with herbs but after they were baked they were flavourful all the same. Then, I took a slice of cheese from the fridge and tore them into pieces before cracking 3 large eggs over them. Finish with a dash of salt and freshly ground pepper, then bake in a 180 degrees preheated oven till the egg while has set and the cheese starts browning.

I served with garlic bread and hot matcha latte and coffee. The husband said "no need to go out for brunch anymore!"


No comments:

Post a Comment