Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Baked hoki with cheese and herb crumble



Bought a huge slab of fresh hoki from Vic market at a steal and wanted to try a bake fish recipe. Find the original recipe here: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/8149/parmesan+crumbed+baked+fish

I substituted the fresh herbs for dried italian herbs because I didn't have fresh herbs. Had a week old multigrain bread so I toasted those till nearly burnt and then put them in a bag and smashed them with the back of a tomato sauce bottle (works everytime! you could use this when making biscuit crumbs too) There was a half used bag of tasty cheese sitting in my fridge so I used that instead of parmesan and it worked just fine. Drizzled with my homemade garlic infused olive oil just brought up the taste levels just a bit more.

Overall, it was quite moist and succulent with a lovely crunch factor thanks to the bread crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment